Sunday, October 21, 2007

Dieing to get signed

I look around my hood and so many cats turning to rap. just the thought of being a multi platinum rapper sounds like hoop dreams in a school play ground "JORDAN" I have never had dreams of being a rapper or a star but i do have dreams of upliftment and accomplishments. I started on my quest to help others while i was really helping myself. Everyday i feel obligated to the team of talented individuals i manage trying to figure out a way to break through the industry. While my artist friends and peers are dieing to get signed. In realty they are dieing to survive. We here in Logan Square live a semi different life , For i am only 25 and all my piers are long gone the life expectancy of a hoodlum is very short so everyday is a scramble , because one does not know if it ll be their last. My Urban Latino warriors descendants of the great men and women that were slain in battle fields through out time. In a city of cameras and crack sales a city segregated by street signs each neighborhood a different tribe race or gang segregated and gentrified by our great government officials. visions of being The next rap legend in this wasteland of vicious goons sounds like a hoodlumz version of heaven. I hope this blog made who ever reads it think and most of all act because action is the measure of greatness . i thank god for the Time plus pleasure that he has granted me in this moment of clarity to bring forth these thoughts. Many great artist have come from here but none have built here for any society to be efficient it must first be self sufficient even a hip hop society.

T.I.L
hoodlumz world

No comments: